From the Vegitarian Society, stored here for safe keeping http://www.vegsoc.org/christmas/2004/strog.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 675 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150 ml milk or 150 ml soya milk
- 14.79 ml mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 40 g butter or 40 g margarine
- 450 g assorted white mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml fresh herbs, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Boil or steam the potatoes until tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- 2Heat the milk, pour over the potatoes and mash well.
- 3Stir in the herbs and season to taste.
- 4Melt 15g butter or margarine in a pan. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the cream, season to taste then heat gently - cover and keep warm.
- 6Melt the remaining 25g of butter or margarine in a pan and stir in the breadcrumbs, herbs and season to taste.
- 7To assemble, serve individually by placing equal portions of the mashed potato on each plate. Spoon the mushroom sauce over the top, and finish with the topping.
- 8Toast under a hot grill until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Stroganoff With Herb Crumb Topping
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.8
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 190.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed fresh herbs