1/2 Photos of Wild Mushroom Spring Rolls With Chinese Mustard Dipping Sauce
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence and posted for Zaar World Tour III
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 lb mixed wild mushroom (such as chanterelle, crimini, oyster, shiitake)
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles, blanched and chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil, for frying
Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and scallions and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for another minute.
- 2Add the cabbage and carrot and cook until the cabbage starts to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in the hoisin and oyster sauces; toss to coat the mixture.
- 4Remove from the heat and mix in the noodles, sprouts, and cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper. The filling should be moist but not wet. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5Lay a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface on an angle so it looks like a diamond. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the filling near the bottom corner of the wrapper and fold up to enclose the filling. Fold in the 2 sides. Paint the top seam of the wrapper with beaten egg. Continue rolling up to form a tight cylinder.
- 6Pour about 1-inch of oil in a skillet or wok and heat to 350 degrees F. Fry the spring rolls, turning to cook all sides, until browned, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and keep warm. Serve with Mustard Dipping Sauce.
- 7For the Mustard Sauce: Mix all ingredients together and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Spring Rolls With Chinese Mustard Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 231.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g