1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #258528 Joanne's Note:
This is another recipe prepared at one of my cooking classes. It is easy and dee-licious. You may also use assorted wild mushrooms rather than the white ones. Serve in teacups and use as an appetizer. Try it. You'll like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the cepes and white wine in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 3Stain the liguid from the mushrooms through a fine mesh sieve and reserve. Coarsely chop the cepes and reserve.
- 4Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat.
- 5Add the white mushrooms and saute until they begin to exude their juices, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add the cepes mushrooms, reserved white wine, milk and cream and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 7Lower the heat and simmer the soup uncovered, stirring every now and then, for about 45 minutes.
- 8With a slotted spoon remove about 1-1/2.
- 9cups of the mushrooms from the soup and reserve.
- 10Puree the soup in a blender until very smooth and return the soup to pot.
- 11Add the reserved mushrooms.
- 12Add chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cognac.
- 13Warm the soup until heated through. Do not boil.
- 14Garnish with sliced mushrooms or parsley.
- 15Preparation time is also cooking time.
- 16Makes 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Soup With Cognac
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.4
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 223.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: