Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
163 Best Paleo Slow Cooker Serves 8
- 1⁄2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or chicken, beef, mushroom stock)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice miso
- fresh snipped chives
- In bowl, combine porcini mushrooms and hot water. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain through a fine sieve, reserving liquid. Pat mushrooms dry and chop. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks, carrots and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf and porcini mushrooms and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in reserved mushroom soaking liquid. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add shiitake and cremini mushrooms. Stir in stock and water. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in miso.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives.