Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and soso good. I'd say good leftovers, but we've never had any.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrots
- cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced button mushroom
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, shallots, and carrot; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Spoon vegetable mixture into a medium bowl.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add button mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add button mushrooms to vegetable mixture. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shiitake mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shiitake mushrooms to vegetable mixture.
- Combine vegetable mixture and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in sherry and remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
This soup was great. I did leave out the celery because I don't like it, and used baby portabella mushrooms instead of the button mushrooms. Otherwise I made it exactly as printed. It's only two servings, and I finished it myself at one sitting. I am going to double or triple the recipe in the future. My copy of the recipe said you could make it with any combination of mushrooms as long as they add up to the correct amount.