Recipe by evelyn/athens
Like most people, I love mushrooms. I have even been taught by a Polish friend how to identify a few wild ones. When I find some, I make this wonderful saute.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
Yum...simple and quick. I like the browning on the mushrooms and the simple garlic and shallots lets the flavor of the mushrooms come out! Thanks for posting evelyn!! made for culinary quest 2014, FP.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed wild mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh herb, such as parsley,oregano and chives
- crusty French bread (for serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the mushrooms thoroughly in cold water.
- Lift the mushrooms from the water and drain well.
- Cut the larger mushrooms into 1 inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the mushrooms and saute over high heat until the liquid released has evaporated and the mushrooms are browned all over, about 20 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic, salt and pepper and saute for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the herbs on the mushrooms and serve with bread.