Dedee Royale's Note:
Here's a delicious recipe for your favorite pasta, i.e., penne, shells, or gnocchi. Instead of heavy cream I used evaporated milk which gave a rich and delicious flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe dirt off mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- 2Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- 3Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- 4Add scallions and cook for about 3 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms and thyme and cook for about 4 minutes.
- 6Add chicken stock and cook till liquid reduces slightly, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add evaporated milk, salt and pepper and cook over med-low heat until cream thickens slightly, about 4-5 minutes more.
- 8Blend in Parmesan cheese.
- 9Remove from heat and toss with your favorite cooked pasta or gnocchi.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Sauce (For Gnocchi or Pasta)
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 806.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g