Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a delicious recipe for your favorite pasta, i.e., penne, shells, or gnocchi. Instead of heavy cream I used evaporated milk which gave a rich and delicious flavor.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Wipe dirt off mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add scallions and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and thyme and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook till liquid reduces slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk, salt and pepper and cook over med-low heat until cream thickens slightly, about 4-5 minutes more.
- Blend in Parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat and toss with your favorite cooked pasta or gnocchi.