Recipe by litldarlin
This is my all time favorite mushroom sauce that is also on my weight watchers menu.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until they start to release juices.
- Add chicken broth and thyme and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 10 minutes; until sauce thickens (sauce should reduce to about 1½ cups).
- Remove from heat, add parsley and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Note: All sauces can be made in advance and refrigerated for up to 3 days.