1 hr 10 mins
Not sure where I found this one, but it sounds awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried funghi porcini or 1 ounce other mushroom
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups vegetable stock, simmering
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped (the earthier the better)
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In a small bowl, cover dried mushrooms with boiling water and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- 2Remove mushrooms and rinse well. Set aside. Strain soaking liquid through a very fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove any grit.
- 3Add liquid to simmering stock.
- 4In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté mushrooms (fresh and soaked), shallots, and garlic in 2 tablespoons of the oil, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 6In 4-quart saucepan over medium high heat, sauté onions in remaining oil until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add rice and stir well, making sure to coat every grain with oil.
- 8Add the wine and cook, stirring continuously, until almost dry, about 2 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to medium and begin adding hot stock, about a cup at a time.
- 10Continue stirring until the rice absorbs almost all the stock, and then add another cup. Continue to add broth and stir until all stock is added and rice is tender but still firm to the bite.
- 11Stir in mushrooms and parsley. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.6
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried funghi porcini