Recipe by dicentra
This is from 365 Low Fat Meals. Choose chanterelles, shiitake, oyster or boletus for your wild mushrooms, or use a combination.
Top Review by day-hee
Simple and delicious! I made a small personal pizza on whole wheat pita bread, used white mushrooms and didn't bother blotting them after sauteeing with the onions. I actually had dried parsley and fresh sage, so that's what I used. The sage was perfect with the mozzarella and the veggies. The pita was toasty enough after baking at 400 for about 9 mins. Would make again for sure!
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, slivered
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500. In a large bowl, place mushrooms with onions. Toss with the olive oil.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook mushrooms and onions over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mushrooms soften 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place mushrooms on paper towels and blot dry. Spoon mushroom-onion mixture over crust. Sprinkle with sage. Top with half of the cheese.
- Bake pizza about 12 minutes, until crust is golden. Remove from oven. Slide pizza onto a large cutting board.
- Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and serve.