Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from the January 2010 Vegetarian Times Magazine. I made this vegan, but I am posting the original recipe that isn't vegan. It was absolutely delicious and my DH asked for more. I wish I'd doubled the recipe, I will next time!! I bought the small won tons and they eliminated the need do any cutting thus saving me that step. Also when assembling the squares wet the non-floured side of the won ton. It sticks together better. I also sprayed the baking sheet with a little olive oil before placing the won tons on it to ensure it doesn't stick.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot (minced)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (gourmet blend diced)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (use fresh)
- 20 wonton wrappers (the large square ones)
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 4 fresh sage leaves (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and saute for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 7-10 minutes or until soft. Add the wine and thyme, and cook for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Cool.
- Cut 1 won ton wrapper in half to form two rectangles. Brush the edges of the won ton half with water, and place 1 teaspoons of the mushroom mixture on one side. Fold the wrapper in half to make a square ravioli.
- Press the edges to seal. Place on an unlined baking sheet. Repeat with the other won tons until you use up all the filling.
- Melt your butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add the sage leaves and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the fatty solids in the butter sink to the bottom of the pan and turn nutty brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until they float to the top. I found leaving them for 2 minutes was a bit long. As long as the won ton came to the top it was done.
- Transfer the cooked ravioli to the skillet with the brown butter with a slotted spoon. Toss with the butter. Season with salt and pepper if you wish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Serve warm.
- Bon Appetit!