1/2 Photos of Wild Mushroom Ravioli in Sage and Brown Butter Sauce
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
This recipe came from the January 2010 Vegetarian Times Magazine. I made this vegan, but I am posting the original recipe that isn't vegan. It was absolutely delicious and my DH asked for more. I wish I'd doubled the recipe, I will next time!! I bought the small won tons and they eliminated the need do any cutting thus saving me that step. Also when assembling the squares wet the non-floured side of the won ton. It sticks together better. I also sprayed the baking sheet with a little olive oil before placing the won tons on it to ensure it doesn't stick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the shallot and saute for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 7-10 minutes or until soft. Add the wine and thyme, and cook for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Cool.
- 3Cut 1 won ton wrapper in half to form two rectangles. Brush the edges of the won ton half with water, and place 1 teaspoons of the mushroom mixture on one side. Fold the wrapper in half to make a square ravioli.
- 4Press the edges to seal. Place on an unlined baking sheet. Repeat with the other won tons until you use up all the filling.
- 5Melt your butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add the sage leaves and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the fatty solids in the butter sink to the bottom of the pan and turn nutty brown.
- 6Meanwhile, cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until they float to the top. I found leaving them for 2 minutes was a bit long. As long as the won ton came to the top it was done.
- 7Transfer the cooked ravioli to the skillet with the brown butter with a slotted spoon. Toss with the butter. Season with salt and pepper if you wish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- 8Serve warm.
- 9Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Ravioli in Sage and Brown Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.6
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves