Recipe by Dib's
Posted for Catherine and Erin-- Great as an appy for a dinner party or as a main dish for vegetarians.
- 1 (10 ounce) package puff pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 6 cups assorted wild mushrooms, cut into quarters (portobello, shiitake, oyster and or or cremini)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms**, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- **If mushroom are large chop to desired size.
- Cook until the mushrooms are tender, stirring often.
- Stir the wine and vinegar in the skillet.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in the soup and milk and heat to a boil.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture into the pastry shells.
- Top with shredded cheese, then parsley.
- Serve immediately.