Posted for Catherine and Erin-- Great as an appy for a dinner party or as a main dish for vegetarians.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package puff pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 6 cups assorted wild mushrooms, cut into quarters (portobello, shiitake, oyster and or or cremini)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1Prepare the pastry shells according to the package directions.
- 2Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the mushrooms**, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- 4**If mushroom are large chop to desired size.
- 5Cook until the mushrooms are tender, stirring often.
- 6Stir the wine and vinegar in the skillet.
- 7Cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- 8Stir in the soup and milk and heat to a boil.
- 9Spoon the mushroom mixture into the pastry shells.
- 10Top with shredded cheese, then parsley.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Ragout in Puff Pastry Shells
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.5
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 964.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 17.5 g