Recipe by chia
this is wonderful served over polenta
Top Review by P4
I thought this was wonderful. I used some oyster mushrooms in place of the portabellos. It was excellent! I served it over fusilli with a generous scrape of parmesan. I think you could probably use any combination of mushrooms in this. Next time I'd like to try it with polenta, or pile it on some brushetta. Thanks, Chia!
- 1⁄2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1⁄2 lb portabella mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- in bowl add water and porcinis, soak 30 minutes, drain, reserving liquid.
- in skillet heat 1 tbsp oil, saute onions and garlic 5 minutes.
- add remaining oil and all mushrooms, saute 5 minutes.
- add wine, reduce for 3 minutes.
- add tomato, tarragon, parsley, and 1 cup mushroom liquid, salt& pepper.
- lower heat, cover, simmer 20 minutes.
- if too dry add additional mushroom liquid.
- stir in parmesan cheese, serve.