1 hr 5 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
Select a variety of wild mushrooms and watch your guests go wild themselves for this recipe! Originally from the Houston Chronicle food section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb wild mushroom (such as chanterelles, oysters, stemmed shiitakes, or cremini)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices (a food processor works well)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream (can use fat-free) or 1 cup half-and-half (can use fat-free)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Slice mushrooms into 1/8 inch slices.
- 3In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat, add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in thyme and garlic and cook for 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Lightly butter (or use Pam) a gratin dish or a 9-inch square ovenproof dish.
- 6Make a layer of half of the potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Spread mushrooms over the potatoes; top with remaining potatoes.
- 8In a small bowl, mix the broth and cream; pour over potato/mushroom mixture.
- 9Bake for 40-45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and potatoes have a golden crust.
- 10Cut into wedges or squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Potato Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 80.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g