Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian.
- cooking spray
- 5 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini, portobello, shiitake)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pizza dough
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic and water.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat until mushrooms are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Cook, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender and liquid is gone, 10-12 minutes. Stir in thyme.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Shape dough into a round.
- Spread pesto on dough and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon mushrooms over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 until crust is browned, about 30 minutes.