Recipe by *Asha*
I love pizza and mushroom topping is my favorite. This could be a main meal or light lunch. Shredded Asiago cheese also goes great melted on top of pizza.
Top Review by Halcyon Eve
This was pretty good, but unfortunately, it just really wasn't to our tastes. I can't really imagine why--we love mushrooms and garlic. We used oyster, shiitake, and chantarelle. The mushroom mixture was tasty, but it just didn't work as a pizza topping for us. I would recommend people who love mushrooms still try it. If I were to try it again, I'd probably use a mix of only European mushrooms--no shiitake. I'd also use some kind of sauce and/or mozzarella under the mushrooms mixture.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb sliced assorted fresh wild mushroom (such as morel, oyster and shiitake)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) packageready-to-serve thin pizza crust
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook sliced mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir frequently, until onion is crisp-tender and caramelized. Stir in parsley.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over pizza crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.