Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the food network show "Private Chefs of Beverly Hills"
Make and share this Wild Mushroom Pistachio Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 lb cremini mushrooms or 3⁄4 lb dark wild mushroom, chopped
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 cup pistachio nut, roughly chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb your favorite pasta
- grated parmesan cheese or pecorino cheese
- In large skillet over medium-high, add 3 T butter and saute the onions until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add mushrooms, and salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium. Add another 2 T of butter and the flour. Stir until a paste forms around the veggies. Add the stock slowly, bit by bit, stirring until its easy to add a large amount without clumping. Simmer until reduced by half and thick. Stir in the pistachio nuts, chili flakes and oil, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate pot, cook your favorite pasta (penne, pappardelle etc.) according to package instructions. Put the pasta in the center of each white plate and spoon some sauce over the top. Garnish with some grated cheese, and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios.
This made a great dinner! I loved the addition of the pistachios, very nice touch. For the flour I used a mix of sweet rice flour and cornstarch, and for the mushrooms a mix of wild mushrooms which can be found in our local wholesale. Thanks for sharing! Made for CQ 2014