Recipe by spatchcock
This is something I want to try for the holidays. (Cook time has refrigeration time included!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, such as portobello, oyster, crimini, porcini, shiitake or white button, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until tender but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, sherry, salt, and pepper and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, over moderate heat until the mushrooms are very tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the mushroom mixture with the Parmesan and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving with toast points, melba toast, pita bread, or thinly sliced French bread.