Recipe by Miss Annie
The unique flavors of the three mushroom varieties meld together to create a rich and delicious sauce. It is a quick and easy vegetarian delight.
Top Review by Sharon123
OOOOH! This was so good! Will be making this again! I didn't have shitake mushrooms, so I just used more of the others. I didn't have red bell pepper, so I just used green, used dried basil instead of fresh, and didn't have wine, so I used grape juice! It still turned out wonderful!
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 portabella mushroom, cubed
- 5 scallions, diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- all purpose seasoning, to taste (start with 1 tsp.)
- 2 ounces white wine
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a hot skillet, add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and vegetables.
- Add the basil and continue to sauté.
- Season with All Purpose Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- Serve over fettuccine.
- Garnish with parsley.