1/1 Photo of Wild Mushroom Fettuccine
by Kelly of The Gouda Life
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb wild mushroom (porcini, cremini, oyster, shiitake etc)
- 3/4 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of generously-salted (very important as this dish is so simple) water to a boil and cook pasta to just under al dente according to package instructions. If the package says 9 minutes, take out around 7. Reserve 1 cup of starchy pasta water before straining.
- 2In a dry, heavy-bottom skillet set over medium-high heat, brown mushrooms in batches until golden and crisp. I browned each variety of mushroom on its own as they may have different moisture levels. It should take about 6-7 minutes per batch to get them nice and golden - don't rush this part. It's the big flavour maker!
- 3Once all your mushrooms have been browned, remove everything from the pan. Add the butter and olive oil to pan and let it get shimmering and hot. Add the garlic and let it cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, parsley and red pepper flakes and sauté until everything is combined, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4Strain pasta (don't forget to reserve 1 cup starchy water), and add back to large pot. Scoop the mushroom mixture into the pasta, making sure to really scrape all the good bits from the pan, with the Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of starch water and toss. If it's too dry, add more water a little at a time until you've got a nice, loose mushroom sauce coating all the noodles. Taste for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- 5Garnish each serving with pine nuts, extra cheese, parsley and fresh ground pepper.
- 6For more information visit mushrooms.ca.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.2
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.0 mg
- Sodium 217.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 21.8 g