Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Serve with toast points or pita chips.
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter
- 453.59 g cremini mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 226.79 g shiitake mushroom (stemmed and cut into 1/4 inch dice)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded, and finely diced)
- 177.44 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chicken stock (heated)
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 1 egg yolk
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml minced parsley
- 14.79 ml fresh chives (minced)
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion, shallots, and bell pepper until tender Add flour and cook 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Whisk in chicken stock and cook until thickened.
- About 10 minutes.
- Stir in wine, and reduce heat.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix egg yolk and cream.
- Whisk into mushroom mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in chives and parsley.
- Serve hot.