Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Serve with toast points or pita chips.
Make and share this Wild Mushroom Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb cremini mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom (stemmed and cut into 1/4 inch dice)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded, and finely diced)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (heated)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (minced)
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Sauté mushrooms, onion, shallots, and bell pepper until tender Add flour and cook 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Whisk in chicken stock and cook until thickened.
- About 10 minutes.
- Stir in wine, and reduce heat.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix egg yolk and cream.
- Whisk into mushroom mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in chives and parsley.
- Serve hot.