Serve with toast points or pita chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb cremini mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom (stemmed and cut into 1/4 inch dice)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded, and finely diced)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (heated)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (minced)
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- 2Sauté mushrooms, onion, shallots, and bell pepper until tender Add flour and cook 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- 3Whisk in chicken stock and cook until thickened.
- 4About 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in wine, and reduce heat.
- 6Simmer 20 minutes.
- 7In a small bowl mix egg yolk and cream.
- 8Whisk into mushroom mixture.
- 9Salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Stir in chives and parsley.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 205.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g