Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a Williams Sonoma recipe I've yet (but plan) to try this Thanksgiving.
Make and share this Wild Mushroom, Chestnut, and Sausage Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 ounces dried wild mushrooms
- 1 lb herbs de provence focaccia prepared stuffing (or other dried bread stuffing)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared french chestnuts, halved
- 12 ounces mild fesh Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the broth to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the mushrooms and let stand for 1 hour. Drain the mushrooms, reserving the broth. Roughly chop the mushrooms, transfer to a large bowl and add the focaccia stuffing. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a small Dutch oven.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, melt 3 tbsp of the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the chestnuts and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the focaccia mixture.
- Return the pan to medium heat and mel the remaining 1 tablespoons butter. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon until the sausage is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add to the bowl with focaccia mixture and stir in the parsley and sage. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, wanr the reserve broth. Add enough of the broth to the focaccia mixture to make the dressing moist. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the dressing to the prepared Dutch oven and bake until crispy and golden on top, 45 minutes to 1 hour, covering the pan with the lid if the dressing gets too dark.