Wild Mushroom, Chestnut, and Sausage Dressing
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the broth to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the mushrooms and let stand for 1 hour. Drain the mushrooms, reserving the broth. Roughly chop the mushrooms, transfer to a large bowl and add the focaccia stuffing. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a small Dutch oven.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, melt 3 tbsp of the butter. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the chestnuts and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the focaccia mixture.
- Return the pan to medium heat and mel the remaining 1 tablespoons butter. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon until the sausage is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add to the bowl with focaccia mixture and stir in the parsley and sage. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, wanr the reserve broth. Add enough of the broth to the focaccia mixture to make the dressing moist. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the dressing to the prepared Dutch oven and bake until crispy and golden on top, 45 minutes to 1 hour, covering the pan with the lid if the dressing gets too dark.