This would be more accurately called "specialty" or "exotic" mushroom cheese puffs. You should never try picking your own wild mushrooms unless you are an expert. Adapted from The New Irish Table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces mixed mushrooms, finely chopped (such as chanterelles, porcini, morels, portobello, crimini, shitake, oyster, enoki)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, Kerrygold brand preferred
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add mushrooms and shallots and saute until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- 4Generously grease 24 miniature muffin cups.
- 5Distribute the mushroom mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- 6Whisk eggs, half-and-half, parsley, mustard, salt, pepper and bread crumbs together.
- 7Stir in cheese.
- 8Spoon over mushrooms.
- 9Bake until lightly browned and puffed, 25-30 minutes.
- 10Remove and let cool 5 minutes.
- 11Loosen from cups with a knife.
- 12Turn out onto serving plate.
- 13These can be made ahead or reheated in a 300° oven for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Cheese Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 63.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: