Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml sliced assorted fresh wild mushrooms (8 oz, cremini, portobello, chanterelle, shiitake, oyster)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml dry sherry or 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 226.79 g rosemary focaccia bread (cut into 1-inch pieces) or 226.79 g onion focaccia bread (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 473.18 ml half-and-half or 473.18 ml light cream
- 236.59 ml shredded gruyere cheese (4 oz.)
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh thyme
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh rosemary
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Grease eight 10-ounce ramekins or individual casseroles; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms, shallots, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Carefully add sherry.
- Simmer, uncovered, until liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in focaccia pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, cheese, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over focaccia mixture, pressing with a wooden spoon to moisten all of the bread.
- Divide mixture among the prepared casseroles.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°; bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.