1 hr 25 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sliced assorted fresh wild mushrooms (8 oz, cremini, portobello, chanterelle, shiitake, oyster)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces rosemary focaccia bread (cut into 1-inch pieces) or 8 ounces onion focaccia bread (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups light cream
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1Grease eight 10-ounce ramekins or individual casseroles; set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, cook mushrooms, shallots, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Carefully add sherry.
- 4Simmer, uncovered, until liquid has evaporated.
- 5Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in focaccia pieces.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, cheese, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- 7Pour egg mixture over focaccia mixture, pressing with a wooden spoon to moisten all of the bread.
- 8Divide mixture among the prepared casseroles.
- 9Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- 10Preheat oven to 325°; bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.3
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.2 mg
- Sodium 253.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: