Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sliced assorted fresh wild mushrooms (8 oz, cremini, portobello, chanterelle, shiitake, oyster)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces rosemary focaccia bread (cut into 1-inch pieces) or 8 ounces onion focaccia bread (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups light cream
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Grease eight 10-ounce ramekins or individual casseroles; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms, shallots, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Carefully add sherry.
- Simmer, uncovered, until liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in focaccia pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, half-and-half, cheese, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over focaccia mixture, pressing with a wooden spoon to moisten all of the bread.
- Divide mixture among the prepared casseroles.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°; bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.