1 hr 10 mins
A rendition of a recipe from the Crystal Palace restaurant, Magic Kingdom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Asiago Basil Cream Sauce
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, washed stemmed and chopped
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mixed Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or 1 tablespoon powdered chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 lb apple-wood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushroom, discard stems and sliced
- 1/2 cup portobello mushroom, diced
- asiago cheese, basil cream sauce (full amount)
- 1 1/2 lbs penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chiffanade (thinly sliced for garnishment)
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese (for garnishment)
- 1To Make Asiago Basil Cream Sauce: Bring heavy cream, all seasonings, garlic, basil and chicken base to a low simmer in a 2 quart saucepan. Let it simmer for 10 minutes to develop flavors.
- 2Carefully add the shredded cheese. Stir constantly to avoid breaking the sauce. You must not boil the sauce at any time or it will separate.
- 3Cover the sauce and set it aside from the heat until you are ready to add it to the pasta.
- 4To Finish the Pasta: In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, add bacon and stir occasionally.
- 5Once bacon is about 3/4 cooked, season with salt, white pepper and granulated garlic add mushrooms and cook them thoroughly. Note: If there's excessive rendered bacon grease, remove some.
- 6Add pasta to the saute pan and stir well.
- 7Next, add the sauce and bring to a simmer for approximately ten minutes.
- 8Remove pasta from the heat and place it on a serving dish. Garnish with basil and Asiago cheese.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Bacon Pasta With Basil Asiago Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1850.4
- Calories from Fat 1053
- Total Fat 117.0 g
- Saturated Fat 57.2 g
- Cholesterol 369.2 mg
- Sodium 3145.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 59.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs