Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is not only delicious, it is easy to prepare. It is also great served at dinner parties!
Make and share this Wild Mushroom and Pesto Crostini recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 of a whole wheat baguette
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until brown over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 8-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat and add sauteed mushrooms to a small mixing bowl of prepared pesto. Toss until mushrooms are evenly coated.
- Slice whole wheat baguette in half length-wise and then cut into small 1/2 inch slices.
- Toast until golden brown and then top with mushrooms and Parmesan. Enjoy!
I was really really unsure about these, but I had just made fresh pesto this week and needed to use my baguette before it went bad, so I tried it, and HOLY COW was I pleasantly surprised. They were DELICIOUS! They were also incredibly easy to make considering the pesto was already made. I didn't follow the exact amounts of the recipe, but rather just threw it all together, so the only advice I would make to someone who makes this recipe is to not underestimate the amount of mushrooms to use, I knew they would shrink in size when sauteed, but I still underestimated. I used about 1/2 of a tub you get at the store and it made 6 small crostinis, and that was pushing it. I will absolutely be making these again and taking them to the next party I go to!
Excellent appetizer and so quick and easy. Loved the pesto in the combination of ingredients.