Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish is not only delicious, it is easy to prepare. It is also great served at dinner parties!
- 1⁄2 of a whole wheat baguette
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until brown over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 8-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat and add sauteed mushrooms to a small mixing bowl of prepared pesto. Toss until mushrooms are evenly coated.
- Slice whole wheat baguette in half length-wise and then cut into small 1/2 inch slices.
- Toast until golden brown and then top with mushrooms and Parmesan. Enjoy!
I was really really unsure about these, but I had just made fresh pesto this week and needed to use my baguette before it went bad, so I tried it, and HOLY COW was I pleasantly surprised. They were DELICIOUS! They were also incredibly easy to make considering the pesto was already made. I didn't follow the exact amounts of the recipe, but rather just threw it all together, so the only advice I would make to someone who makes this recipe is to not underestimate the amount of mushrooms to use, I knew they would shrink in size when sauteed, but I still underestimated. I used about 1/2 of a tub you get at the store and it made 6 small crostinis, and that was pushing it. I will absolutely be making these again and taking them to the next party I go to!
Excellent appetizer and so quick and easy. Loved the pesto in the combination of ingredients.