Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This came from a book called Favorite Recipes The Costco Way. *NOTE* It says you can use chanterelle, shitake, oyster, or crimini, or a mixture of all.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces (DO NOT USE MARGARINE)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb wild mushroom (look at above note)
- 1 cup egg starts egg white substitute
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and butter with a pastry blender until you get a mealy texture.
- Add in the cold water, 1 tsp at a time until dough is able to be shaped into a ball. Be careful not to add too much or it will make it sticky.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12 in circle, and then press into a 9 inch pie dish.
- Place in pie weights, and bake for 6-8 minutes at 450, or until the edges are a light brown.
- Turn oven down to 375.
- Remove the weights and sprinkle the shredded cheese along the bottom of the quiche crust.
- In a pan, melt 2 tbs butter and add onions and cook until they are soft.
- Add in the mushrooms, and saute until lightly brown.
- In a large bowl combine egg starters, cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and the onion and mushroom mixture.
- Pour into quiche crust, and sprinkle with the basil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.