Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe I got from a cooking class I took a few years ago. Again, like most of my recipes, they are easy,simple and hopefully good !!
- 1 lb assorted wild mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- pre-heat oven 350.
- saute mushrooms in a large pan over high heat until all moisture has evaporated. Add butter ,shallots,lemon zest and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in goat cheese and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
- Once cooled, place a spoonful into phyllo tart shells and bake about 5 minutes or so,.
This recipe is absolutely delicious. I used Cremini mushrooms and soaked, dried porcini mushrooms as I couldn't get wild mushrooms. Puff pastry instead of filo. I suspect these tartlets would still be as wonderful with regular shortcrust pastry too. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I intend to trty it as one large tart; served with baby potatoes and a leafy green salad, it would make a great light meal Thanks so much for posting this.