Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Central Market recipe for Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quesadillas...best with Mango guacamole (guac made with mango salsa rather than tomato/pepper)
Top Review by mommymakeit4u
These were really good, and really filling. The recipe only made 2 smaller pitas when I made it, which is perfect for 2 people. I found the goat cheese dominated the flavour, so next time I will add a bit less so I can taste the mushrooms a bit more.
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, combination of shiitake and crimini and oyster
- 1⁄4 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup julienned green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 7 ounces goat cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the mushrooms, red bell pepper and green bell pepper in the olive oil in a skillet for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and green onions. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the goat cheese.
- Spread 3 heaping tablespoons of the mushroom, bell pepper and goat cheese mixture over 4 tortillas. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Grill on a flat griddle or in a large skillet on both sides until golden brown.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges.