Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
You can use any kind of mushrooms you like in this recipe. From Cooking Light, April 2006.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup sliced oyster mushroom, caps
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- Combine chicken, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine oyster sauce, water, sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken mixture and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add snow peas and mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in oyster sauce mixture; cook for 30 seconds or until thickened.
- Stir in onions; remove from heat.