A different twist to pasta sauce this one is neither tomato based nor cream based. Simple and delicious. The mushrooms used can be changed for your favorite kind, next time I will probably add some chanterelles in there - yummy. Can be served over pasta or rice, also great for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 20 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 -10 slices sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1Brown onion, garlic and zucchini, set aside.
- 2Brown mushrooms, set aside.
- 3Brown meat.
- 4Add onion, garlic, zucchini and mushrooms to meat.
- 5Cook together until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- 6Add remaining ingredients and cook until cheese has melted.
- 7If sauce is too thick dilute with milk until desired consistency.
- 8Salt & pepper to taste.
- 9Serve over freshly cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom and Beef Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.8
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 1253.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 29.3 g