Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different twist to pasta sauce this one is neither tomato based nor cream based. Simple and delicious. The mushrooms used can be changed for your favorite kind, next time I will probably add some chanterelles in there - yummy. Can be served over pasta or rice, also great for freezing.
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 20 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 -10 slices sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- Brown onion, garlic and zucchini, set aside.
- Brown mushrooms, set aside.
- Brown meat.
- Add onion, garlic, zucchini and mushrooms to meat.
- Cook together until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until cheese has melted.
- If sauce is too thick dilute with milk until desired consistency.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve over freshly cooked pasta.
This makes a good sauce. However I think next time I will cut the ground beef in half and add more tomatoes. I did use the healthy request version of Campbells Cream of Mushroom and added some Fat Free half and half to thin it out as suggested, it would have been too thick otherwise. Thanks for an enjoyable meal