Recipe by Sackville
A tasty salad to use up the last of the beans from the garden.
Top Review by Steve Berens
This recipe without any additions is good if served cold, which was not specified. To the mix, I added a small amount of garbanzo beans (1/8 cup), sliced piementos (one jar), sliced red onions (about 5 slices cut up), some oregano and minced garlic (I used garlic power) before adding the mushrooms. The whole mixture (after adding the beans and mustard and salt and pepper) should be put in a refrigerator for at least 2 hours so that it can be served cold.
- 130 g chanterelle mushrooms or 130 g other wild mushrooms
- 220 g green beans, sliced
- 140 g good quality bacon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard (preferrably dijon or similar)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the beans until tender and drain when done.
- Cut the bacon into small cubes and fry in a shallow pan until golden.
- Tip in the mushrooms and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and let it bubble for a few seconds.
- Season with salt, pepper, the mustard and parsley.
- Mix the beans and mushrooms together and serve.