Recipe by CHILI SPICE
These 2-bite flavor packed morsels are my most frequently requested appetizers . Everything can be prepared ahead of time up to broiling and baking in the oven. Looking forward to your impute !
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh wild mushrooms, finely diced (chanterelle, shitake, oyster, button mushrooms can be used as a filler if some others are not availa)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (adjust to your liking)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (adjust to your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto (your favorite homemade recipe or jarred)
- 1 French baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan heat butter over medium/high heat. Add mushrooms and saute (stirring frequently to prevent burning) until liquid evaporates (about 3-5 min.). Add shallots and garlic, saute for 1 more minute. Add flat-leaf parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Slice baguette on 1 inch diagonals. Brush one side with olive oil. Place slices on a baking sheet and broil in oven until LIGHTLY golden brown (this happens quickly so don't walk away). Remove from oven and spread each slice with basil pesto and topped with mushroom mixture. Last but not least sprinkle with cheese. Return to a preheated 375 degree F. oven. Bake until cheese is melted and center toppings are hot (about 2-5 minutes).
- Serve Hot.