Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These 2-bite flavor packed morsels are my most frequently requested appetizers . Everything can be prepared ahead of time up to broiling and baking in the oven. Looking forward to your imput !
- 3 cups wild mushrooms (chanterelle, shitake, oyster, button mushrooms can be used as a filler if some others are not availa)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (adjust to your liking)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (adjust to your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto (your favorite homemade recipe or jarred)
- 1 French baguette
- In a frying pan heat butter over medium/high heat. Add mushrooms and saute (stirring frequently to prevent burning) until liquid evaporates (about 3-5 min.). Add shallots and garlic, saute for 1 more minute. Add flat-leaf parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Slice baguette on 1 inch diagonals.
- Brush one side with olive oil. Place slices on a baking sheet(oil side up) and broil in oven until LIGHTLY golden brown (this happens quickly so don't walk away).
- Remove from oven and spread each slice with basil pesto and topped with mushroom mixture. Last but not least sprinkle with cheese. Return to a preheated 375 degree F. oven. Bake until cheese is melted and center toppings are hot (about 2-5 minutes).
- Serve Hot.
Awesome recipe!! I only had baby button mushrooms to make this but it was great!! I did not have fresh parsley, so added dried. I also added garlic powder-just meant to add a pinch, but the lid was gone, and about 1 t came out!! DH loved it!! I added fresh mozz to the toast, then put the mushrooms on top!! Topped with fresh parm, broiled!! Wonderful!! I also did two others with pesto, parm and mushrooms and a tomato mix!! You can not go wrong with this mix!! Go Chili