Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Suitable for roasting caribou, moose, deer, or hare. Beef may be substituted for game meat.
Make and share this Wild Meat Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- On the stove, in an ovenproof casserole dish, melt thin slices of the salt lard.
- Add the pieces of onion and brown them slightly.
- Add the pieces of meat.
- Add the water.
- Cover the casserole and put in oven.
- Cook at 325°F for 1/2 hour, then lower the temperature to 225°F and cook for 4 hours.
- A half hour before the end of cooking time, add some sliced potatoes and spoonfuls of bannock dough to the broth around the meat.
- For Bannock Dough: Mix dry ingredients.
- Add water until the dough feels like a soft earlobe.