A quick and easy jam recipe I copied from my friend's cookbook. I think it was published by the Idaho Fish and Game department.
- Wash huckleberries and check for stems.
- Place berries and water in deep saucepan or pot.
- Slowly bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar all at once.
- Bring to a roiling boil, then cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Certo packet and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour into jars (note: do this as quickly as possible- it will start to set almost immediately).
- Seal using method of choice. Boil for 10 min (if your altitude is between 3,000 and 6,000) then let cool.