Recipe by Laurawombat Garcia
Wonderful cornbread from the Wild Hare restaurant. This recipe appeared in Sunset Magazine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter, about
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat eggs, buttermilk and butter.
- Pour liquids in flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Scrape batter into a buttered square pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- It's ready when you poke a fork in and it comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve.