Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is another wild game recipe from "The Washington cookbook", published in 1982. I have not tried it but it is posted in response to a request in the wild game forum! The original recipe does not call for refrigerating the meat and marinade, just letting it sit. I can't imagine that this is safe, though, so I added the refrigeration part. And the recipe recommends barbequeing the meat after it is marinated. Yield and cook time are approximate.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple preserves
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together. Pour over game, preferably ribs or roast.
- Let it stand overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and cook as desired.