1/1 Photo of Wild Game Chili (Venison and Wild Boar)
4 hrs 20 mins
You can use your favorite game meat for this chili. I used the venison and wild boar because they were easier for me to find. You want to add the vegetables in layers in order to get a complex flavor throughout. I do not like beans in my chili, so if you are a bean lover, just add a can of kidney beans to the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs venison, cut into stew size chunks or 2 lbs wild boar meat
- 1 onion, diced and seperated
- 14 ounces beef stock
- 1/2 cup celery rib, diced
- 10 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced shitake
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 7 ounces chili peppers (use your favorite pepper to adjust heat to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, fresh and minced
- salt and pepper
- 1Chop meat and vegetables.
- 2Season and brown meat in a coated large pot along with the garlic and half of the chopped onion.
- 3Add beef stock, Chili Powder,Salt, Pepper, and Paprika and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, this will allow the meat to absorb the flavor of the spices. Stir as needed.
- 4Stir in peppers, remaining onion, celery, and mushrooms. Simmer for another 30 minutes, stirring as needed, to allow the vegetables to absorb the flavor of the spices.
- 5Add stewed tomatoes, green onions and cilantro and stir.
- 6Slow cook for 2-4 hours, stiring as needed. If you need more liquid, just add more beef stock.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Game Chili (Venison and Wild Boar)
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 561.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: