Recipe by Kat
A unique earthy flavor to the traditional pasta-like grain. Very quick to make.
Top Review by loof
Very nice couscous recipe! I had to use a bit more wine to cook the mushrooms and onions, otherwise made as directed. Easy and tasty, great with grilled chicken - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1⁄4 cups broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (use decent quality!)
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup porcini mushroom
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil