Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
So tasty it should be outlawed!
- 4 (1 lb) wild ducks, dressed
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce (A-1?)
- parsley (optional)
- orange slice (optional)
- cranberries (optional)
- Rinse ducks thoroughly with water; pat dry.
- Combine breadcrumbs, onion, celery, raisins, pecans, eggs, and milk, mixing well.
- Spoon mixture into cavities of ducks; close cavities with skewers.
- Place ducks, breast side up, on rack in a roasting pan.
- Wrap 3 slices of bacon around each duck.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Combine catsup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and steak sauce; mix well.
- Pour over ducks; and bake an additional 15 to 30 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Skim off fat from sauce and discard fat; serve sauce with ducks.
- Garnish with parsley, orange slices, and cranberries, if desired.