This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recip
- 1 cup olive oil (for roux)
- 3 cups plain flour (for roux)
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups green onions, chopped
- 2 cups parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups chablis
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 11 cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 teaspoons louisiana hot sauce
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb andouille sausage, sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 1⁄2 lbs wild duck breasts
- Brown off duck breasts in some olive oil.
- Make a roux with oil and flour.
- Add onions, bell pepper, green onions, and parsley to roux.
- Stir and cook.
- Add one cup water and garlic.
- Add wine and some more water.
- Add other seasonings and tomato sauce.
- Mix well.
- Add andouille (or smoked sausage) and duck breasts.
- Simmer on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add more salt and cayenne to your taste.
- Serve over spaghetti or rice.