Recipe by Dib's
This recipe was tested for a book review. Never having made soy based ice cream I was a bit concerned but Wow! Really good! ***Cook time is at 0 minutes. It depends on YOUR ice cream maker.
- 2 cups soymilk or 2 cups nut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups drained silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable glycerine or 1⁄4 cup barley malt
- 1⁄4 cup lecithin granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dried wild mint or 1 teaspoon other mint, finely crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cranberry extract (couldnt find this)
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 cup wild cranberries (tame ones can be found at the grocery store)
Directions See How It's Made
- After reserving 1/4 cup of the cranberries combine all ingredients in a blender and procecss to smooth.
- Chill the mixture if required.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream machine and freeze it according to the manufacture's instructions.
- Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of cranberries.
- (I coarsly chopped mine first).