Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my version of the popular veggie pâté. Good on bread with hot mustard or on crackers. I made the recipe originally with wild cranberries that I poached for 10 minutes in a heavy syrup, then dried in the dehydrator. But you can use store-bought dried cranberries with no problems.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 roasted garlic heads, squeezed
- 1 small potato, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small beet, grated
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon summer savory
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a medium sized loaf pan.
- Put the sunflower seeds, the vegetable broth and the garlic in a food processor. Process until creamy.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, including the garlic sunflower cream.
- Put the mixture in the loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour.
- Serve cold.
- How to roast garlic : Preheat oven to 350°F Slice the cap of two garlic bulbs. Put them on a pie plate and splash them with lots of olive oil. Roast for 45 minutes. Squeeze the flesh out and use in any recipe.