Chef #625570's Note:
The idea of al dente perfectly seasoned roasted squash together with plump Sea Scallops topped with a tomato basil sauce will have you forgetting there is not a starch in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces spaghetti squash, cooked
- 8 ounces sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chiffiande
- to taste kosher salt
- to taste black pepper
- garnish with pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1preheat oven to 425 degrees. cut squash in half the long way. place squash, flat side down, on a pan sprayed sheet pan with kosher salt. Add 1/2 cup water and place in over for 40-50 minutes.
- 2create sauce by heating olive oil in sauce pot, until just smoking, add garlic and "toast", saute until golden brown.
- 3add crushed tomatoes and simmer around 10-15 minutes. season with salt, pepper and fresh basil.
- 4Pan sear seasoned rice flour dusted, scallops in a pan with scant amount of oil. Sear for approx, 1 minute on each side.
- 5Deglaze wtih 2 T of lemon juice.
- 6Remove from pan and add 1/2 cup tomato sacue to pull flavors from pan. add back into the sauce pot of tomato sauce.
- 7Remove squash from oven. allow to cool until you are able to handle. using a fork scrap spaghetti squash into a bowl. fluff by using two forks, by pulling apart strands.
- 8reheat by sauteing breifly in a heated pan.
- 9to plate you will place a nest of squash in the center of the plate. place 6 scallops falling off the nest and top with 1/2 cup or so of tomato basil sauce.
- 10sprinkle with fresh grated cheese, optional.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Caught Sea Scallops With Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 580.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 40.8 g