Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you don't have wild boar handy, these will also work well with domestic pork, beef, turkey, and veal. If you have time, roll the meatballs in advance and put them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to help them stay round while they cook.
- 2 lbs ground wild boar (as fatty as possible)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced shallot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- fresh linguine, cooked according to package instructions (or your other favorite pasta!)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the oil, tomato sauce, and pasta. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula until uniform in consistency.
- Heat the grape seed oil in a large heavy bottom sauté pan.
- Roll the wild boar mixture with your hands into 2-inch balls. Place them in the hot oil and cook for 2-3minutes on all sides until well browned.
- Add the sauce and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the meatballs and sauce over your favorite pasta or rice.