This classic dessert begins with a mould lined with ladyfingers. With this recipe, you don't have to wait for the fresh blueberry season, it uses frozen wild blueberries, which can be found in the supermarket.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and pour over wild blueberries. Place half of he blueberry mixture into blender and purée until smooth. Set aside other half.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until dissolved and add to wild blueberry purée. Set aside and let cool, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in creme fraiche.
- In another bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form and fold into wild blueberry mixture.
- Line a 2-cup deep dish with ladyfingers. Spoon wild blueberry mixture over ladyfingers and spread evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours or until set.
- Turn out Charlotte onto serving plate and garnish with reserved wild blueberries and mint.