1/2 Photos of Wild Blueberry Charlotte
Chef mariajane's Note:
This classic dessert begins with a mould lined with ladyfingers. With this recipe, you don't have to wait for the fresh blueberry season, it uses frozen wild blueberries, which can be found in the supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and pour over wild blueberries. Place half of he blueberry mixture into blender and purée until smooth. Set aside other half.
- 2Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan.
- 3Heat over medium heat until dissolved and add to wild blueberry purée. Set aside and let cool, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Stir in creme fraiche.
- 5In another bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form and fold into wild blueberry mixture.
- 6Line a 2-cup deep dish with ladyfingers. Spoon wild blueberry mixture over ladyfingers and spread evenly.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours or until set.
- 8Turn out Charlotte onto serving plate and garnish with reserved wild blueberries and mint.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Blueberry Charlotte
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.6
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 208.8 mg
- Sodium 91.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g